Thursday, March 29, 2007

Rooneys on Snow!









Nothing clears your head better than a mountain holiday. It must be the combination of fresh air and the demented act of hurling yourself down steep slopes that makes you feel so darn good to be alive. We were fortunate enough to have 4 days of heavenly snow followed by 2 final days of glorious sunshine. I'm also happy to report that Gruff's caught the snowboarding bug and got the hang of the whole turning thing really quickly. By day 5, he was looney enough to be doing little jumps with me.... It's one of the things I love about snowboarding, you just have to throw caution to the wind and go for it. You feel exhilarated, thrilled and you get wrapped up for days in those delicious feelings. Maybe it's the purity of the white snow or the sugar-coated green conifers that gives you that high. I always come back from these holidays feeling changed, transformed, empowered and elevated with a mysterious & quiet force.

Did almost have a VERY bad injury though, was tightening up my bindings and dislocated my thumb! Yes, it snapped back in a truely hideous manner but cool as anything, taking it all in my stride despite the unspeakable pain - I just popped my thumb back and wriggled it about. I was that determined to board that not even a broken thumb was going to stop me. It was blue for a couple of days but contrary to my worries, I could still knit which meant that it wasn't a debilitating injury. Phew, I say!



No comments: